Peaches and Cream Peaches and Cream

Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Meyer Lemon Curd-Swirled Cheesecake Bars

Once I made the lemon curd in my previous post, I had to figure out what to do with it.  Luckily, as I was passing through recipes I had bookmarked (and there is a lot of them!) I found this one.  I must say it was a no fuss recipe, and Gavin admits that they are a little ‘deadly’ (meaning he would eat them all if left alone with them) and that they are his new favorite lemon treat.  I have a little of the curd left over, so I will have to make some more for him!

The only thing I would suggest would be to increase the amount of graham cracker crumbs for the crust.  I love a thick graham crust; and this is a problem that is easily solved.  If you don’t like lemon, then you can substitute it with any other fruit jam.











Meyer Lemon Curd-Swirled Cheesecake Bars

INGREDIENTS
2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons butter, at room temp
8 oz package cream cheese (reduced fat is fine too)
¼ cup sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
6 oz fat free plain yogurt (I used Eating it Right)
2 egg whites
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
1 ½ tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup warmed Meyer lemon curd

DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 8X8 inch baking dish with cooking spray, or lightly coat with butter.

Mix together the graham cracker crumbs and butter until just moistened, press mixture into bottom of the dish.

Using a paddle attachment of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla until well combined. Mix in the yogurt, egg whites, flour and lemon juice until no clumps remain. Pour the filling over the graham cracker crust.

Drop the warmed lemon curd over the filling. Swirl with a knife to create a marbled effect.

Bake 250-30 minutes or until the centre is almost set. Cool to room temperature, then chill for a few hours in the fridge before cutting into bars.

Source: Sugarcrafter

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios