Peaches and Cream Peaches and Cream

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Cranberry Hazelnut Granola

Good Morning Folks!

Here's a happy breakfast treat for y'all-granola.  While I love it, I don't make it as often as I should (I am trying to change this), even though it is quite simple to make.  I love mixing it with yogurt, having it with milk, or just for plain snacking (and a lot of snacking at that!).  I tried for so long searching for the right recipe, but there are so many out there I found it overwhelming what to choose.  So I decided to bite the bullet and make my own, and we loved the results.  Of course, it took some work-I think I botched 2 batches and then steadily made improvements over the next few.  But it was soo worth it.  Gavin and I can't stop eating it...and I made more yesterday.  Good thing it only makes 5 cups....hehe.


This granola doesn't have too many ingredients in it...but the unique thing about it is the fact it has quinoa!  And who doesn't love quinoa?  I was perusing our local health food store one day and found 'Puffed Quinoa'.  It truly tastes like the puffed wheat cereal I used to eat when I was a kid.  No sugar added, so that's a major bonus folks!  Anyway, the rest of the ingredients are pretty basic...and the flavors work so well together.  I hope you all enjoy!  Hope everyone is having a great week <3



















Cherry Hazelnut Granola
Makes 5 cups

INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cup rolled oats (not instant)
1 cup quinoa puffs
3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
3/4 cup filberts (hazelnuts), coarsely chopped

1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoon butter

2 tablespoons vanilla

1 cup dried cranberries

DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.

Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.

In a medium sized bowl, mix together the rolled oats, quinoa, coconut and filberts. Set aside.

In a small saucepan, add the butter, brown sugar and maple syrup over medium-high heat. Continue to stir until the brown sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and add to dry ingredients. Stir until well coated, adding the vanilla as well. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and place in the oven.

Bake for 22-25 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until the granola is golden brown and crunchy. Cool completely, then stir in the dried cranberries.

Serve as a snack, or with yogurt as a morning breakfast-type dessert! :)

Source:  A Peaches & Cream Original :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo! :)

    Looks delicious! I love granola. And I LOVE the addition of the quinoa puffs! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, again and again Courtney! I thought quinoa puffs would be the perfect addition-*hehehe!* I am still loving your choco chai granola...mmhmm:)

      Delete

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios