Peaches and Cream Peaches and Cream

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Wild & Wonderful Salad

A couple years back, I attended a course in Vancouver for work.  We had lunch provided by a catering company (for the life of me I can’t remember what it’s called) and had this wonderful salad.  We picked apart this salad over lunch and the next day, our instructor provided us the actual recipe.  Over the years, I’ve made and altered this recipe plenty of times to the point where I don’t need the original recipe.  And now that I completely lost it, I am sad to say I don’t know where or who to give this recipe credit to.   So if anyone recognizes it, please let me know and I will gladly source it! 

I just love how versatile this recipe is.  Every time I make it I like it more and more!  I always look forward to the leftovers.  I love the variety of ingredients to this salad, and that they work together so well.  I find that the orange-curry dressing really enhances the flavors of this dish.  My family really enjoys this salad so I always try to make it when we all get together!  Speaking of which, they will be here at the end of the month!  I’m so excited for everyone to get together again and we can eat lots of good food and share it with you all!J



















Wild & Wonderful Salad
Makes 4-6 servings

INGREDIENTS
2 cups cooked wild rice, cooled completely
1 cup dried cranberries 
1 cup lentils
1 cup toasted slivered almonds
1 apple, sliced thinly and diced
1/2 cup green onions (chopped)
 
For the dressing:
½ orange, juiced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon curry
Salt and pepper, to taste

DIRECTIONS
While the rice is cooling, prepare the dressing. Set aside and refrigerate until use.

Once the rice has finished cooling, stir in the cranberries, lentils, slivered almond, apple and green onion until just combined. Stir in the dressing and mix until well coated.

Best served cold. Good in the fridge for about 3-5 days

Source: Unknown (please tell me if you recognize it-thank you in advance!J)

5 comments:

  1. Hey! I just wanted to tell you that you have the most beautiful food photography! It's absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle!
      Thank you so much for your kind words-I really appreciate it! I am still new to photography in general but enjoying every aspect of it. I checked out your blog and I love it! Thank you again for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photo! :) Love the feel of it. So rustic!
    Love the combo of orange and curry for the dressing! YUM!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Courtney! It is really quite tasty!!

      Delete
  3. Made this salad on the weekend, it's a keeper! Glad you remembered the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios