Peaches and Cream Peaches and Cream

Sunday, Nov. 25, 2012

Christmas Salad

I am starting to get really excited about Christmas…It’s only a month away!!  Therefore, I am going to start posting festive recipes.  Such as this one…a favorite of mine!  I’m hoping to share a variety of recipes that you will enjoy for the Christmas season….stay tuned!

I was first introduced to this salad last year by a family member.  I loved it!  So easy and appealing.  I love the festive appearance…and it tastes so good!  It is a light salad that I feel goes best with poultry, but I imagine it would go well with beef or pork.  I generally dislike dressings on my salad, but definitely enjoyed this one.  It is a salad that certainly won’t last long on the table!

Christmas Salad
Serves 6

INGREDIENTS:
For the dressing:
1/4C cranberry concentrate
1/4C white wine vinegar                                                                                                  

1/2C olive oil
1/4tsp fresh ground pepper

8 cups baby spinach
1/2C thinly sliced red onion
1/2C dried cranberries
2 avocados (sliced and added at the last minute)

DIRECTIONS:
Prepare the dressing by combing all the first 4 ingredients together, shake until well blended.

Drizzle over the spinach and onions until well combined. Sprinkle with cranberries and avocado. Serve immediately.

Source: Cheryl, originally from Best of Bridge
  

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm! A cranberry dressing on a salad with avocados? Sounds amazing! I'll serve this at vegetarian christmas on the 23rd :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww I'm so pleased! You are too sweet:)!!! I just love this salad Courtney...I hope you and your guests enjoy it!!

      Delete

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios