Peaches and Cream Peaches and Cream

Monday, Dec. 17, 2012

Sugar Cookies

Hope everyone’s had a pleasant weekend-it’s been a busy one for me!  We got back from Vancouver Saturday morning (I had to wake up at 5:30, ugh!) and ran errands Saturday & Sunday.  Planning Christmas Dinner with Marlina….super excited!  I’ve also been playing around with my new laptop Gavin surprised me with (he couldn’t wait for Christmas!) I absolutely love it…my previous one was over 8 years old (and still running!).  I’ve put it in hibernation for the time being to give it a breakJ

Anyway, Continuing on!  I think it’s extremely important to have recipes that you can trust-especially after you’ve tried many others with disastrous results.  I don’t have many recipes that are passed down to me (my mom is very secretive about her recipes!), so I tend to bake and cook a lot so I have an idea of which recipes I can trust.  I particularly love this version because you don’t have to chill the dough.  I’ve been following The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle for years now and I absolutely love what she does with her cookies.  I wish I was that talented!  Unfortunately, I think it would take me years to get that good!  Maybe one day…..but for now I am happy where I am at!

Sugar Cookies
Makes just over 2 dozen cookies

INGREDIENTS
1 cup softened unsalted butter
1 ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons almond extract
2 1/2 -3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, cream together the softened butter and confectioner’s sugar. In a separate bowl, mix together the egg and the extract. Add to the butter and sugar mixture and mix thoroughly.

With a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients and add to the sugar and butter mixture. The dough is ready if it sticks mainly to the paddle attatchment.

Roll out the dough on a pastry mat sprinkled with a little flour to about ¼ inch thick (try not to make anything smaller than that-it will burn around the edges!). Cut into preferred shapes and sizes.

Bake for 6-7 minutes (watch carefully). Remove from oven and cool for a few minutes on the pan, then transfer to a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios