Peaches and Cream Peaches and Cream

Saturday, Jan. 12, 2013

Citrus & Mint Salad

The weekend is here, hooray! Less than a month away and I will be enjoying the warm & sunny weather in Costa Rica.  I am so excited about this trip and I’m trying to eat healthier in the meantime.  I’ve had this salad bookmarked for the longest time and so glad that I finally had the chance to make it! 

The original recipe calls for the citrus fruits to be supremed.  This is a process I am not too fond of (very time consuming!), so I peeled and sliced them into ¼’’ slices.  You can also cut the citrus fruits into chunks if you wish, but I preferred the presentation of them being cut into slices.  Also, I’m not too crazy over mint, but found that it added a nice refreshing touch to the salad.  Definitely a salad packed with loads of Vitamin C!  I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend-I am heading to PG to visit MarlinaJ So excited to see her!


















Citrus & Mint Salad
Serves 2

INGREDIENTS
2 ruby red grapefruits, peeled, and sliced into 1/4″ slices
2 cara cara oranges, peeled, and sliced into 1/4″ slices
2 blood oranges, peeled, and sliced into 1/4″ slices

1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped extra fine

½ cup raspberries, washed and dried
¼ cup pomegranate arils

DIRECTIONS
Arrange the citrus fruits on two plates. (Note-you may also cut the citrus’ into chunks and mix in a medium sized bowl if preferred)

Chill until ready to serve.

In a small bowl, combine the mint and sugar. Mix with your fingers until well combined.
                                                                              
Sprinkle desired amount of sugar over the fruit and top with raspberries and pomegranate arils Serve immediately.

Source: adapted from The Curvy Carrot, originally from Epicurious

1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty salad! :) Great way to use winter citrus. Yum!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios