Peaches and Cream Peaches and Cream

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Mexican Quinoa

I don’t know about you, but I love quinoa.  I don’t cook it as often as I should.  So when I saw this recipe, I was very excited that it had quinoa in it-plus I love the addition of Mexican flavors!

The dish isn’t too time consuming to make, which is why I really liked it.  Perfect for those long days at work, and we had leftovers the next day (pretty much everything I make HAS to have leftovers!).  We loved the flavors of this dish and highly recommend serving with sour cream, cheese and avocado.  So yummy!


















Mexican Quinoa
Serves 6

INGREDIENTS
1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed well and drained
1¼ cups vegetable broth

2 tsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 jalapeños, seeded and finely chopped

1 ½ cup black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes (including juice)
1 cup corn, frozen
½ tsp. kosher salt
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 quarter of a lime, juiced

To finish: 
Shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa, and/or avocado

DIRECTIONS
Cook the quinoa with the vegetable broth according to package directions. Set aside. 

In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add the garlic and jalapenos. Sauté until fragrant, approximately 1 minute.  Stir in the quinoa, beans, diced tomatoes, corn and salt. Continue to cook until the corn cooks or heated thoroughly, then add the cilantro and lime juice.

Serve with cheese, salsa, avocado and/or sour cream.

Source: slightly adapted from Annie’s Eat’s

1 comment:

  1. Yummy!!!! This looks fantastic. So many of my favourite things - quinoa, avocado, cilantro and lime. MMmmmm!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios