Peaches and Cream Peaches and Cream

Monday, November 4, 2013

Smoked Salmon Dip

Before I started blogging, I had a huge scrapbook of recipes that I had collected.  Some of them I made multiple times, while others I wrote down to try.  This recipe is one that was passed on from a friend, and I am unsure of its original source.  It’s one of those reliable recipes that you know will be a hit at parties-I don’t think anyone can resist just one!  And it’s so simple to make, just whip up all the ingredients, place in the oven & you’re done!   

This dip is best when served warm, preferably on top of crackers or bread slices.  It tastes alright cold, but I like how smooth & creamy everything is warm!
Smoked Salmon Dip

INGREDIENTS
1 cup mayo (light)
1 cup grated parmesan
1 cup smoked salmon, diced
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon fresh dill
¼ teaspoon paprika
Dash of cayenne

Additional dill, for garnishing

DIRECTIONS
Turn the oven on broil.

In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, place all the ingredients in a bowl. Mix on low-medium speed until well combined. Transfer to an oven proof bowl and broil until golden & bubbly. Turn the oven down to 350 degrees and bake for 15 minutes.

Serve with pita chips, crackers or bread slices.

Source: adapted from a friend.

2 comments:

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios