Peaches and Cream Peaches and Cream

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Homemade Ice Cream

I’ve always wanted to make ice cream at home but just haven’t-I don’t have an attachment for my KitchenAid yet-wahh!! For the little months of summer we get around here, I just couldn’t justify it.  But we’ve been having warm weather around here lately, so when I saw this recipe, I was really excited to try it.  It’s easy and stress free-also very cheap to make!  This ice cream is super creamy and delicious.  It’s hard not to eat it all in one sittingJ  Plus you can add whatever you like to it-chocolate, caramel, extracts….anything your heart desires!  I think I will definitely play around with combinations in the future.

You may have noticed an absence over the past week-Softball season has begun, and my muscles are as sore as ever!  Not used to sprinting and I sprained my thumb the past game.  It’s hard taking photos now with a limited range of motion! I’m also in New Westminister for Steward training for the union, so I’m pretty excited about that.  I will have to make up for my lack of posts soon!  Xoxo.
Homemade Ice Cream

INGREDIENTS
2 cups heavy cream
1 (14 oz.) can Sweetened Condensed Milk (I used Eagle Brand)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 vanilla bean, seeded

DIRECTIONS
In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream to stiff peaks.  In a separate bowl, mix together the vanilla extract, vanilla bean and sweetened condensed milk. Fold into the whipped cream and pour into a 2-quart container.

Freeze for 6 hours or until firm. Enjoy!

Source: adapted from Kevin and Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios