Peaches and Cream Peaches and Cream

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Summer Berry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing

 
Finding inspiration to eat healthy can be difficult if you don’t have the right salad..trust me, I know.   Even though I love each one I post on here, I need some variation.  I’ve had this recipe for quite some time now and we enjoy it every time I make it-it’s simple and comes together quickly!  The poppy seed dressing really makes this salad special, and gives it a refreshing and unique flavor.

Mar and I have challenged each other to lose 5 pounds and get in shape by running a total of 50km (baby steps! ) for June.  Realistically, we should have done it in May, but June will do! Being food bloggers can be tough-I love making and eating food, and this sometimes gets out of control.   Ouch!  It shouldn't be too hard though, right?!
Summer Berry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
Makes 4-6 servings

INGREDIENTS
9 cups fresh spinach
2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
¾ cup blue berries
½ cup pecans, toasted
¼ cup goat cheese, crumbled

for the dressing:
¼ cup olive oil
2 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon chopped onion
1 teaspoon poppy seeds
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
¼ teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

DIRECTIONS
In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries, blueberries, pecans and goat cheese.

Place all the dressing ingredients in a blender. Cover and process until well combined. Pour over salad and toss to coat.

SOURCE: adapted from my friend, Amy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios