Peaches and Cream Peaches and Cream

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Glory Bowl + It's Our Anniversary! 

It’s been feeling a lot like fall lately, and I’m actually excited for a change in season.  I love watching the leaves turn color and cool mornings with hot drinks.  Today marks one of two things: a) 6 year anniversary with the boy and 2) my birthday is month from today and I turn the big 2-5.  A quarter of a century year old.  I have mixed feelings about this.  But let’s focus on today!

This is going to sound so cheesy, but…6 years ago today I started dating this amazing guy.  He is quirky (for lack of a better word), smart, and incredibly thoughtful.  He makes me laugh constantly.  I love being around him.  He understands me & I’m not afraid to speak my mind.  He’s so supportive…I know I am so lucky to have him in my life.  We’ve had plenty of fun adventures, some, not so fun.  Can’t wait to have many more adventures with him-so babe, get your ass out of camp!!! J

August 2013 Hike to Crater Lake
This is my last ‘summery’ post, but don’t worry, I have plenty of fall recipes line up for here!
This salad is currently on the top of my favorite foods list (a list that constantly changes) as it’s a vibrant, healthy salad that leaves you feeling full for a very long time!  Great for those long 12 hour shifts I'm accustomed to! 
Glory Bowl
Makes 4 servings

INGREDIENTS
4 cups brown rice, cooked
1 cup beets, shredded
1 cup carrots, shredded
 cup slivered almonds, toasted (optional)
2 cups spinach leaves or mixed salad greens

1 package extra firm tofu extra 1/2-inch cubes
salt & pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil

For the dressing:
1/3 cup nutritional yeast
2 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons Tamari
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1-2 - 3/4 cup sunflower or vegetable oil

DIRECTIONS
Season tofu cubes with salt & pepper. Sauté tofu cubes in a wok with vegetable oil.

In a blender, combine all dressing ingredients except oil in blender. Add oil in a steady stream.

Divide the brown rice into 4 bowls, top with beets, carrots, spinach/salad greens, almonds (if using), and sautéed tofu cubes.

Drizzle bowls generously with the dressing.

Source: slightly adapted from Canadian Living, originally from Whitewater Cooks (2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios